- You can contribute as much as you earn in a year, up to £40,000 a year
- You can also use HMRC’s “carry forward rules” to use the past three year’s pension contribution limits – if you haven’t already
- Once you start drawing from your pension your annual limit reduced to £10,000
- The lifetime pension limit is reducing from £1.25m to £1m next year
ARE YOU A HIGH EARNER?
- Workers earning over £150,000 will have their annual pension allowance gradually reduced to £10,000 until they earn £210,000, at which point they no longer qualify for tax relief on contributions